Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What is a Blog?

I never really thought that blogs were a revolutionary or groundbreaking new invention, but after this reading I started to think more about what blogs are. This article describes a blog as “personally published documents on the web, with attribution and date, collected in a single place, generally published with a static structure to facilitate incoming links from other sources, and updated with some regularity and frequency from every few days to several times daily.” My only real experience with blogging is Myspace blogging, where people I am friends with on Myspace post blogs with often extremely little significance to me. I have never been the one to post these blogs before, because I never saw a point to sharing with everyone how exactly I feel at the moment, or how may day was, etc. because I always have real people I can interact with right in front of me who I can tell that to.

No comments: